Buggy Time

I have been part of the blogging world and not ready to give it up. Thus I will continue here or be striked on until I continue.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Mosquito Pass (I am an Idiot)

This last weekend went camping with the family up in an area called Fairplay. The first night up there the kids and I were working to start a fire. We put out the wood in the fire circle, sprinkled a little fuel on the wood and lit it. Instant fire. Woohoo. It is at this point the slightly wet wood didn’t stay lit and was just about out.

This is where the mistake happened. I added a bit more fuel to a fire that was not out. The fire leapt up to the can I was holding and caught it on fire. I am now standing in a forest with a burring gas can in my hand. I dropped the can which now spilled out some more fuel causing more fire outside the fire ring. I now have multiple fires in the middle of the forest and I am thinking I am either going to die or go to jail. By the way water does not put out gas fires.

It is then that my son at least kicked the gas can into the fire pit. We then managed the small outside fires getting them to burn out and kill them with a shovel. Now we have a half filled gas can in a fire pit about to explode. At least it was now a smaller fire and I was able to reach in blow out the gas can and remove the now melted container. Fires out everyone lived. I slapped myself for the mistake and the rest of the trip went better.

On Saturday we tried to drive over Mosquito pass only to find it was still closed with WAY too much snow. But we did get to camp and have a good time.

I also on Saturday did a 5 mile run. I ran out on a road 2.5 miles climbing 500 feet to an elevation of 11,000 and back in under 50 minutes. YEP a long hard no oxygen run there is nothing better to make one wish they had lungs.

2 Comments:

Blogger After Jane said...

Jane thinks Buggy likes to play with fire.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Dave Hreha said...

Jane thinks Buggy likes to play with fire.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home